This is Team Bike Mart apparel. For more information on what we do and how to join, click the links on the right.
Jim Hoyt had an idea about starting a team for the MS 150. At that time there were about 10-18 corporate teams that were raising some good money, but that was not good enough for Jim. So Team Bike Mart.com was formed in late 2001 for the 2002 ride season. It was inspired by Jim and Rhonda Hoyt and long time friend and road bike racer Steve Mailman. Steve was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1990. The team that was started in Steve Mailman's honor had a mission. The goal was to raise a lot more money to fight this terrible disease.
We started in 2002 with 32 Riders and raised $29,543. After this, every year has been a record setting year for Team Bike Mart (TBM).
- 2003 - 64 riders raised approximately $70,953. MS Society and RBM start the Ride Marshall Program.
- 2004 - 108 riders raised approximately $90,660.
- 2005 - 100 riders raised approximately $151,665. Woody Smith and Sam Montag Co-captain.
- 2006 - 232 riders raised approximately $296,972. Top Fundraising Team.
- 2007 - 298 riders raised approximately $315,496. Largest Team, Top Fundraising Team, Sam Montag captain.
- 2008 - 266 riders raised approximately $295,000. Largest Team, Million Dollar Team, raised $1,249,929 since 2002.
- 2009 - 245 riders raised approximately $230,980. Largest Team.
- 2010 - 211 riders raised approximately $260,104. Largest Team.
- 2011 - 196 riders raised approximately $174,439. Largest Team.
- 2012 - 189 riders raised approximately $152,567 WE BROKE THE $2 MILLION MARK! $2,068,019, Largest Team.
- 2013 - 157 riders raised approximately $129,396 for a Grand Total of $2,197,415 #1 Fund raising team and Largest Team
Due to the sucess of Team Bike Mart with MS 150 (now Bike MS); Team Bike Mart added several more rides:
The Ride Ataxia, WildRide! Against Cancer, Tour De Cure, Wish 100 and LIVESTRONG Challenge.
We want you, your friends, your neighbors and your family on Team Bike Mart. These are fun events and raise money for great causes. What great weekends - riding your bicycle in some of the best organized and supported events in the country. Even though we have a fun filled weekend, the real purpose of these events is to raise as much money as possible to aid in finding a cure for these devastating diseases.
"Joining Team Bike Mart for some of the recent rally rides has helped me gain a lot of confidence and given me the encouragement I needed to ride a whole lotta miles that I would never have thought I would cover. From training rides to the actual event, with the group's friendly camaraderie and support, I really felt like a part of a team and look forward to pedaling more miles alongside Team Bike Mart. Thanks you!" - Anne (May 2013)
Here are the details for the 2014 Team Bike Mart Program
How to join the team - all that is required to be part of the team is to register for one of the four events we do and choose Team Bike Mart as your team affiliation. There is no cost to become a team member other than the fees associated with participating in the event.
Events - 2014 Team Bike Mart events
Team Bike Mart Discounts
Clothing - TBM members will receive a 30% discount on the new TBM jersey and bib shorts. The jersey is available in both men's and women's. The bibs are available in men's sizes.
Parts and Accessories - 15% discount on parts and accessories is extended to TBM members. This discount is good from the date they register for that event and expires the day of the event. See RBM for exclusions.
TBM clothing is available for purchase by anyone and will be displayed on the sales floor. Only TBM members get the 30% off TBM clothing.